DIY Garbage Disposal Tablets
How to DIY Garbage Disposal Tablets
Don’t want to spend a fortune for store bought garbage disposal tablets but tired of the constant smell from your kitchen sink?
We have all been in the situation where you’re hit with an unpleasant smell as soon as you walk into the kitchen. Since you can’t really see inside your garbage disposal, chances are cleaning it can end up as a really low priority in your cleaning routine. If you use your garbage disposal daily, there’s a good chance that it’s building up some unwanted bacteria and smells every once in a while. This is nothing to be ashamed of, being that it happens to everyone, but it is good to know the DIY ways to clean your garbage disposal including making your own garbage disposal tablets.
If you want to stay on top of cleaning your garbage disposal, you can either buy garbage disposal cleaning tablets from most stores or try this DIY all-natural recipe to keep on hand! All you need is:
Recipe for DIY Garbage Disposal Tablets
- 1 ½ cups of baking soda (baking soda eliminates odors)
- 1 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons liquid dish soap
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced (to give your sink a fresh scent!). You can also use oranges or limes if you prefer those.
- 1 cup white vinegar (optional)
- Mix together the baking soda and salt
- Add the dish soap and the lemon zest and stir until well combined
- Add the lemon juice and stir until well combined again
- Portion your concoction into tablespoon-sized portions and allow 24 hours to set before transferring your tablets into an airtight container
- When ready to clean your garbage disposal, run a handful of ice through your disposal and then drop a tablet into it, let it sit for a couple of minutes, and then run your garbage disposal again. For an extra effect, you can pour a cup of vinegar into the garbage disposal before running it again so the baking soda and vinegar react together. You should be left with a super clean garbage disposal with a lemony fresh scent!
We love this DIY recipe for garbage disposal cleaning tablets because it only takes like 15 minutes and you don’t have to overcomplicate keeping your garbage disposal clean. You most likely have all of these ingredients lying around your house, and it makes about 20 tablets, so you make the recipe once and you’ll be set for a while!
These DIY garbage disposal cleaner tablets are a super quick way to help clean your disposal and leave it smelling fresh and clean too!
ABOUT YOUR FRIENDLY TRUSTED PLUMBING COMPANY
High Speed Plumbing is your local, friendly, trusted plumbing company. High Speed Plumbing, license (CSLB #997843) is a Plumbing and Drain Cleaning company providing plumbing-repair-installation services. We perform local expert residential – commercial plumbing services 24 hours a day. Our factory trained expert technicians provide daily top quality plumbing-service-repair- drain cleaning service calls for residential- commercial properties throughout the cities of the San Gabriel Valley -Inland Empire – Pomona California.
Highly recommend the company. Great service, promising employees. They came almost instantly. I’m very appreciative customer!
Juan and his team are amazing. We always seem to call them under the worst circumstances. They always come quickly to our rescue with great customer service and do great work.
I highly recommend High Speed Plumbing Inc. and will definitely call them back in the future if needed. I was two days with out a kitchen faucet working properly and a detached garbage disposal. They were able to come out to my home shortly after my call. From the phone calls to the text updates and the technicians, every step of the way I was informed. All personal and technicians whom I communicated with were kind, courteous and respectful.